We have spent a lot of time and thought around our hire Terms and Conditions to ensure they are fair, realistic, provide security for our clients, our staff and for the future of our business.
Please read carefully as information in here to save you time and additional costs. Any questions pleae give the team a call.
We have updated our hire terms and conditions to help with the unknown COVID brings when planning such an important event in the near future. If your event is required to be cancelled or postponed due to Government Alert Level change in the Wairarapa, directly impacting your event you may be entitled to a refund or transfer of funds to a new chosen date.* Transfer of deposit is at Festival Hire’s discretion & will be for the same or similar value and product as the original order. Cancelation fees will be applied if the order is reduced. We are in this together and will work with you to help make your event magical and special no matter what may jump up along the planning way.
1. Hire RENTAL CHARGES
for equipment are assessed on the dates & time recorded in the rental agreement, unless otherwise arranged. Full payment must be recieved and cleared before equipment can be released or delivery will be made. For hirers over $250 or marquee items full payment must be received at least 7 working days prior to contract commencement.
2. Extra rental charges will be made for any hire items not RETURNED BEFORE 1PM
on the due date. Rate of charge for overdue goods equals either the late rental penalty fee of $25 if returned within the first 2 hours or the daily rate x days overdue. Non-collection or late collection in such case shall not affect the Client liability to meet the full hireage charges.
3. All DEPOSITS
collected are non-refundable. All bookings will require a minimum of a 25% non-refundable deposit due to confirm booking. A 50% deposit may be required for specialty items, during peak season or when Festival Hire deems necessary. Until a deposit is received, the hire contract is not confirmed, the requested hire items may become unavailable.
In the event that the Client cancels their order or part of including delivery of Equipment, the Client shall be liable for any and all loss incurred (whether direct or indirect) by Festival Hire as a direct result of the cancellation (including, but not limited to, any loss of profits).
5. In the event of equipment BREAKINGDOWN
or alleged to be FAULTY
, provided the Client notifies Festival Hire immediately, hiring charges may not be payable during the time the Equipment is not working, unless the condition is due to negligence or misuse on the part of or attributable to the Client. No allowance whatsoever can be made for time during which the Equipment is not in use or not used for any reason, including change of mind or requirements, unless Festival Hire confirms special arrangements in writing.
6. CLEANING FEES
will be charged to the client for all costs involved in the cleaning of equipment or containers/fabric bags if it is not returned in a clean/rinsed and hygienic condition.
7. The Client will be liable for any LOSS, THEFT, DAMAGE OR DESCTRUCTION
of any equipment including containers/fabric bags during the contracted hire period. All equipment beyond repair will be paid for by the Client at the market retail replacement price including freight/transport costs. Monies received for the hire contract will not be credited towards the replacement/repair/claim costs. Damage resulting from negligence or misuse during the hire period shall not in any circumstances shorten the period of hire. Payment for any damage or claim due within 7 days following the incident. If Festival Hire is required to claim via insurance, the Client will be liable to cover the excess and any additional charges not covered.
8. The Client understands and agrees to follow all SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
and associated Operations Instructions given and or made available by Festival Hire. A site evaluation, or site access form has been completed if required.
9. Goods delivered by the Festival Hire are delivered to the gate. Extra charges may be made for certain areas. The Client authorises Festival Hire to bring its vehicle onto the property to deliver and to recover the equipment during the hire contract. The CLIENT OR NOMINEE WILL BE PRESENT
at the delivery address to acknowledge receipt of equipment hired. Fees will be charged per staff member if the delivery is delayed due to the late/non arrival of the Client/nominee.
10. On collection or return of equipment it must be PACKED IN ITS ORIGINAL FORM/LOCATION
unless prior arrangement. The Client is responsible for all equipment until all items have been collected and removed from site or returned and accepted by Festival Hire.
11. Interest will be charged on all OVERDUE ACCOUNTS/BALANCES
at a rate of 2.5% per month on all overdue amounts. Collection and solicitors fees to be borne by the Client for recovery of equipment or monies
12. All quotes/charges are INCLUSIVE OF GST
unless otherwise stated.
13. Where the Festival Hire is installing a Marquee for the Client, the Client shall provide the Festival Hire with all required information about the environment including if required a underground plan showing drainage, water and electrical power services and any Health and Safety notifications. If the Client does not provide the relevant information then Festival Hire will not be responsible for any possible damage to these services.
14. The Client undertakes to arrange at their own expense all PERMITS, LICENCES
or other requirements of the relevant local authorities, Government department or agency or other statutory body and further undertakes to indemnify the Festival Hire against any loss or fine imposed on the Festival Hire as a result of any alleged or actual non-compliance with this clause or any term or condition of any such permit or licence.
15. All marquee or gas operated equipment use requires a fire extinguisher to be on-site at all times. The Client shall be responsible for the cost (if any) of refilling/replacement of the fire extinguisher /equipment if provided by Festival Hire if it is used for a purpose other than extinguishing a fire.
16. While the Festival Hire makes every effect to ensure that all marquees areas are as waterproof and weatherproof as practicable, the Festival Hire will not be responsible for any damage or inconvenience caused as a result of water or weather entering into the marquee.
17. While Festival Hire will use all methods available at the time, the Client understands that due to Health & Safety protocols items may not be used in adverse weather conditions. It is the Client responsibility to have a alternative plan if the weather does not permit the equipment to be safely used.
18. Festival Hire may terminate the Contract by notice with immediate effect if the Client fails to comply with the Terms and Conditions of the Hire or any other agreement with the Festival Hire. Or if Festival Hire believes the equipment may be at risk for any reason whatsoever, including the manner of use, adverse weather or work conditions Festival Hire reserve the rights to arrange collection of all items without notice at the expense of the Client.
19. Any DISPUTES CLAIMS
made after seven days of the completion of the goods and services trade will not be considered.
*Postponement of event due to COVID Red settings – January 2022
If the client transfers the booking to a new date the client understands this booking is for the same or similar value and equipment order as the original booking. If the new booking decreases to less than 75% of the original value of the postponed booking, the clients order will be considered as a new booking and the deposit will be lost.
This is the overview version of Festival Hire’s Terms and Conditions to help encourage clients to read, understand and follow. A copy of our full terms and conditions can requested at any time via hardcopy, email or downloadable here for some "light bed time reading" :)